December 24, 2014

christmas tag


Today is a flurry of crafting and packing. You see, we had originally planned to be out of town during Christmas and we were going to put off the presents until we came back home. But our departure was delayed a couple of days and it turns out we're spending Christmas at home! I was totally unprepared as I figured I could make my presents after our vacation but now I have to get them done by tomorrow! Thanks to the internet I found a couple of cool ideas and I will take pictures as I make everything so that I can post them after I get back.

Anyways, recently, Elsa from Crafty Hands and Pretty Nails tagged me for the Christmas Tag! Thank you Elsa! So here are my holiday-themed answers:

What are your favorite Christmas films? Hmm... I really liked Arthur Christmas. It was a long time ago that I first watched it and I haven't seen it since but I liked how it gave a modern take on Santa and elves. And it was really, really funny.

Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning. I wonder what it would be like to open presents Christmas Eve, because whenever someone mentions opening Christmas presents I always imagine waking up in the morning, giddy and excited, tiptoeing down the steps, peeking around the corner, quietly sitting by the tree observing the crisply wrapped boxes, waiting for everyone else to come down.

Do you have a favorite Christmas memory? I don't think I could pick one. Each Christmas is special to me.

Favorite festive food? Hot chocolate, candy canes, Hershey's kisses, gingerbread, etc. All sorts of holiday sweets.

Favorite Christmas gift? Again, I don't think I could pick a favorite but when I was younger I asked for a Tamagotchi (they're little keychain pets) and I loved it so much I would ask my dad to "babysit" them while I was at school. You could send them on vacation but then they wouldn't grow or progress at all and that was the whole point of the game!

Favorite Christmas scent? Peppermint, oranges, cloves, and other holiday spices.

Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions? Besides a nice dinner, I don't think we have any unique traditions.

What tops your tree? A silver star.

As a kid what was the one (crazy) Christmas gift you always asked for but never received? I don't think I ever asked for anything crazy, so...

What's the best part about Christmas for you? The best part about Christmas for me is the whole month of December. You start noticing Christmas commercials and ads in magazines. Christmas songs start playing on the radio and you hear people asking each other what presents they're asking for this year. And that's what I think I love most about it. The holiday season unites everyone. It's not just a holiday, it's... a feeling, if that makes sense.

That's all for the tag. I tag Silvia from The Universe Reads and Ruby from Ruby Dean.

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment: